[lbo-talk] The liquidation of society

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 06:33:17 PST 2011

[WS:] Nice piece indeed. What I particularly like about it is the argument that it is not about economics (which is pseudo-science anyway) but about value systems and morality. We collectively produce enough to provide decent standards of living to practically everyone on the planet - but that runs against the elite value system, which is built on inequality and autocratic control. It is one thing to engage in a cut-throat competition when there is not enough for everybody - it may be brutal and inhumane but it is about survival after all. But engaging in a cut-throat competition amidst of plenty is simply criminal - it is a crime against humanity just like sending people off to death camps to achieve a mad vision of racial superiority. These two may differ in methods they employ but not in the underlying value systems.

Wojtek