[lbo-talk] Libya´s Nescafe

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 08:24:14 PST 2011

Several media have reported this, but this is the link I have handy (I know it´s not the most balanced ;-P)

------------ Fighting raged as Gaddafi made an extraordinary rambling speech on TV in which he compared himself to the Queen and blamed the revolt on Osama Bin Laden. He claimed the protesters who have seized control of much of the east of the country he has ruled for 41 years were fuelled by milk and Nescafe spiked with hallucinogenic drugs.

In a bizarre message to protesters, he said: ‘You need to listen to your parents. If people disobey their parents they end up destroying the country.‘The same as in Britain (where) for 57 years the Queen has been ruling. I have been in the same situation.’ ------------

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1360343/Libya-Gaddafi-blames-Osama-bin-Laden-hallucinogenic-pills-Nescafe-uprising.html

So what are the odds of the Great Leader being on LSD while giving that speech? ;-P

FC