[lbo-talk] Carrol, get a grip...

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Fri Feb 25 11:23:39 PST 2011

Carrol writes:

"And this is why I am still, after several days, in a growing rage at what I am beginning to see as a real betrayal of our movement by Mario Savio in focusing on the private motives (or supposed motivesd) behind the intensity or that movement. To accept Mario's statement as accurate is in effect to deny the horror of what the U.S. was doing in Vietnam, it is to destroy our history, to deny that we ever excisted except as we were presented in the liesd of the Media at that time and ever since."

Mario's statement was a throw-away-line in a life dedicated to fighting for free speech, democracy, justice and peace.

If you want to turn it into his life project, well, that would be bad for both your heart and intellect.

Joanna