[lbo-talk] Fwd: [New post] Polarization

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Feb 25 11:48:11 PST 2011

On Feb 25, 2011, at 2:25 PM, Michael Pollak wrote:

> The tricky thing about all this is the sharp disjuncture between economic and social issues.

Ain't dat da troot?

In a move straight out of Walter Benn Michaels' playbook, Obama is clearly "pivoting" (as they say) on same-sex marriage to throw a bone to liberals disillusioned by his terrible economic policy. I'm not just making this up - I read it in this morning's NYT:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/25/us/politics/25marriage.html