[lbo-talk] Breast milk ice cream...

Mark Bennett bennett.mab at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 16:22:07 PST 2011

No, I wasn't referring to rich women, who obviously don't need the money and want little to do with breast-feeding. I mean just ordinary working class and professional women. Although it is becoming more common, breast-feeding was uncommon for decades in the U.S. (I've read that this to attributable to Spock's influential book, which recommended against it. I don't know if that is accurate.) It took state and federal legislation to make breast-feeding in public legal, fairly recent legislation, and I believe a few states still prohibit it. I've known very few women who breast-fed their babies. It was always the bottle and formula. Does lactation stop if the breast milk is artificially removed? In either event, I agree that this is a nauseating "innovation".