[lbo-talk] Breast milk ice cream...

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 14:30:20 PST 2011

On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 2:44 PM, <123hop at comcast.net> wrote:

But, apparently the breast imagery was so overpowering, that the males on
> this list who chose to respond could not see commodification or exploitation
> -- or anything much other than Breasts.

A nifty theory, but I don't buy it. Speaking only for myself, I'm not what is called, in the popular vernacular, a "breast man." To be sure, I appreciate them as part of the overall form, but "OMG! A nipple" is a sentiment I'm unlikely to share, and I rarely have a problem keeping my eyes above the neckline.

Coincidentally, I've hear some pop-psych types attribute this difference among men to breastfeeding - supposedly, some of us got our breast obsessions out of the way back when they served a crucial function for us. Who knows? I dare say I'm less fixated on the things than some on the other side of this exchange. (Which is not to say that a fixation is either bad or avoidable, but it is what it is.)