[lbo-talk] A not simple list question

Sandy Harris sandyinchina at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 03:52:13 PST 2011

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 5:35 PM, Chuck Grimes <c123grimes at att.net> wrote:

> Does LBO collectively understand that the riots, revolts, deaths,
> destruction and social, political and economic chaos we are witness to is,
> provided the dots are connected, the direct result of neoliberal
> financialization of everything human on the planet?

LBO collectively might, but I certainly don't. For starters, it is far more complex than that. Among the factors are various residues of imperialism, assorted game-plating by both major powers throughout the Cold War, and the very long and complex interlinked histories of the Arab nations.

"Direct result" is utter BS.

> Is that clear? It is clear to me that the motherfuckers to who need killing
> are Wall Street bankers as a class. ...

Of course, provided by "Wall Street bankers" you mean the speculators and fund managers playing despicable games. Don't forget their friends in Washington who made it possible either.

> Virtually every moment from
> Wisconsin to Libya, Egypt, Tunsia, Jordan, Bahrain, Iraq, Afghanistan, and
> Pakistan, not to mention Haiti, Mexico and on and on are people whose
> deaths, depredations, disease, struggle and bare survival are the
> consequence of policies and projects carried out in New York, London,
> Berlin, Paris, Rome and beyond.

Again, don't forget Washington. For that matter, Moscow, Beijing, ...

But again, some of this is pure BS. Afghanistan, for example was a poor country with appalling disease and other problems before any neoliberals were born. Granted various invaders have made it worse but they cannot be blamed for all the problems.

> Is it clear that the entire neoliberal project is a death grip that is
> strangling the people of the earth?

No.