[lbo-talk] A not simple list question

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Mon Feb 28 13:31:10 PST 2011

> Is it clear that the entire neoliberal project is a death grip that is
> strangling the people of the earth?

No. Sandy Harris

-------

Well, I was drinking, but the important part is that when you begin to examine many different places around the world, you see a general pattern in which global elites have been involved in a complicated, but nonetheless rather straight forward class war against their own and others broad masses.

This pattern finally became much clearer as I research backward from the rape of the California through semi-privatizing public utilities. This campaign involved several Texas privative utilities companies buying Cal state legislators to pass a bill making this possible, then creating fake shortages driving prices up. My gas bill went from seven dollars to thirty-five dollars, creating a windfal profit to Enron, Duke, et al. The consequence was a recall of the elected governor Davis with the idiot Arnold. Then somebody noted a similar sequence had been carried out in India over privatizing electricity in some province, and the removal of the state energy minister, and then finally the removal of the contract with Enron.

Remember this was all happening as GW was taking office and Cheney was having secret meetings with big energy CEOs probably including Ken Lay. That summer Enron went belly up.

So that's the pattern. You can look at the food crisis and price of tortillas in Mexico, and here for that matter. Or take on big pharma, with its field trials in Nigeria that killed some several dozen children, or the vast toxic dumped of computer trash in China and SEA. I mentioned Haiti and look at the privatized rice mill and grainery.

It just goes on and on and on, while local national government after government is bought and paid to rule by the same elites for their benefit, which is in turn killing us off socially, politically and economically.

I see the same pattern in the microcosmos of wheelchairs where manufacturers run state and federal legislatures for rules that privilage their favored ways of doing business, which result in greater and greater deprivations in the disabled community to the point, where individual cities are having to organize some way outside the usual systems.

CG