[lbo-talk] Shamir

c.berlet at publiceye.org c.berlet at publiceye.org
Tue Jan 4 07:18:23 PST 2011

Enough with the escalating flame wars.

It never is useful to begin a discussion on the merits of an author by attacking the person who posted the author’s material to a listserv. I base this on long experience of creating more arguments than I care to admit to. Most people here had no idea who Shamir was. Certainly WS did not.

I find it more useful to start out as follows:

>>>I do not think anything Shamir writes is useful because he has a
well-documented history of writing material that is clearly biased and inaccurate. For example:

>>>Example 1

>>>Example 2

>>>Example 3

So my apologies for any role I played in the escalating flame wars.

But that said, Shamir is a crude, Neonazi praising, Jew-hating, racist, apocalyptic Christian fanatic.

But WS is a colleague.

So let’s use different standards.

-Chip