[lbo-talk] Surowecki on unions

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Wed Jan 12 10:26:45 PST 2011

On Wed, January 12, 2011 7:11 am, Carrol Cox wrote:

> Software engineers are laborers.
> Most of those called "middle management" are laborers.
> Reporters are laborers.
> College professors are laborers.
> Public School teachers are laborers.
> Technical writers are laborers.
> Entry-level investment bankers are laborers.
> Quality-control engineers are laborers.
> Are all these people losers?

It's simpler than that. The Empire we Americans were forced to live in (none of us had any choice in the matter) is committing suicide. Basic math: $14 trillion bankster bailout + $1 trillion annual bombster bailout + 2 failed and criminal colonial wars = 1 burned-out wreck of a former superpower.

But I'm going to sound a positive note, for once. We're in a post-Bubble world where the semi-periphery has finally realized there are better things to do with its hard-earned cash than fund US current account and trade deficits forever.

-- DRR