[lbo-talk] [LBO] Surowecki on unions

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Fri Jan 14 15:52:48 PST 2011

-Marv writes:

"Right. We've been over this ground many times before. Carrol is one hard Blanquist dude. He thinks a tiny core of activists and revolutionaries are all that is needed to effect even the most profound social change, without the corresponding need for majority support. It hasn't happened before, neither in 18th century France nor in the USSR or China in the 20th or anywhere else, and I'm ready to eat crow if that's how it happens next time."

I think you're distorting his argument. I don't think he's saying that's all that's needed.

Joanna