[lbo-talk] Even a dead Pope can do miracles

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Fri Jan 14 16:52:06 PST 2011

On Jan 14, 2011, at 4:22 PM, Wojtek S wrote:

> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-12191423

"The Vatican credits him with the miraculous cure of a nun said to have had Parkinson's Disease."

So Mr Wojtyla could cure some nun's parkinson's, but he couldn't cure his own? Miraculous!

Shane Mage "When we read on a printed page the doctrine of Pythagoras that all things are made of numbers, it seems mystical, mystifying, even downright silly.

When we read on a computer screen the doctrine of Pythagoras that all things are made of numbers, it seems self-evidently true." (N. Weiner)