[lbo-talk] Even a dead Pope can do miracles

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 12:41:54 PST 2011

Re. "So Mr Wojtyla could cure some nun's parkinson's, but he couldn't cure his own? Miraculous!"

[WS:] That is not the most fishy part of the story. The supposed miracle occurred AFTER he kicked the bucket. Just think about. If I stand next to a dying person and wave a magic wand or say a magic word or something of that sort and that person is cured afterwards, you can observe a cause - effect relationship between me doing something and a person being cured (assuming, of course, that I have supernatural powers.) But when the miracle in question occurs some time after I die - how can anyone know that it was I who did the miracle and not someone else? I mean, it could have been some other dude with supernatural powers doing his abracadabra which cured the nun, which was unobserved, so what makes them think it was Mr. Wojtyla? Believing in the miracle and supernatural powers is one thing, but even if you do you need to get your facts who's done it straight, no?

Wojtek