[lbo-talk] Jared Lee Loughner, the conservative/liberal axis and the mentally ill...

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jan 18 15:46:39 PST 2011

Of course. And endless repetition of the point is tiresome. It isn't the point, because it is not going to happen just because it ought to happen.

The question is not what should be or what we would like it to be but how can a movement be organized to _make_ it that way.

Ideas of how to bring that bout are important. Mere statement that it should happen is merely discouraging.

Carrol

Correct. It takes a class conscious majority of the working class to push history forward to more freedom. It takes people who know what their class interests are because they know who's producing the wealth and who's appropriating it and knowing that that's why political power in this bourgeois democracy is so lop sided as to make it into a virtual dictatorship of Capital..

Workers who know their class interests don't fall for all the cooptive reforms (although, they like getting things like shorter work time with no cut in pay) and all the lovey-dovey, clam down rhetoric coming out of their rulers' mouths when events like Tuscon happen. They keep their eyes on the prize and keep organising One Big Union of the working class, while attempting to build the new society within the womb of the old.

But, course, my solutions (click on the link below for more of my suggestions) aren't yours Carrol. We come at the problems of cutting the Gordian knot of Capital from different perspectives.

Mike B)

*********************************************************************** Equal political power between men and women. Abolition of wage-labour and commodity production with distribution of goods and services based on useful labour time. Grassroots democracy. http://wobblytimes.blogspot.com/