[lbo-talk] Mark Ames uncorks

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 17:40:33 PST 2011

Joanna: "Well, I've been reading that nazis are taking over whole towns in Germany and many of my European aquaintances complain about the Arab problem."

[WS:] Europeans tend to be more blunt - not afraid to say what they think.

Americans tend to be more politically correct and say nice thing in your face (unless they are using internet :). You may call it prejudice, I guess, but it does not matter, because those prejudices do not influence public policy to the degree they do here (at least not for the past 50 or so years.)

So if I were to chose between people speaking bluntly and supporting policies that provide decent standards of living to the great majority of their population, and people who say politically correct things and support policies that strongly favor elites and foster social inequalities - I would go for the former. I would not even think twice.

Wojtek