[lbo-talk] How Much Do College Students Learn, and Study?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Jan 26 10:17:48 PST 2011

All the arguments I have seen on this thread assert _historical_ judgments grouned in ahistorical evidence. For this reason it incorrect to accept _any_ judgment whatever as to the critical intelligence or verbal skill of u.s. students. No possible empirical evidence drawn solely from present conditions can prove or even be evidence for any overall judgment either of the u.s. educational system or of the skills of current students.

I'm working on a longer post along these lines. But I submit that the assertions above cannot be demonstrated false; there is no relevant evidence for that.

Carrol