[lbo-talk] How Much Do College Students Learn, and Study?

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Wed Jan 26 11:05:38 PST 2011

On Wed, 26 Jan 2011, Eric Beck wrote:

> Tentative answer: Kids read all the time. They just don't read "texts."

Kids read books too. Harry Potter and Lemony Snicket and god knows how many fantasy series show they have no fear of 500 page books that come in series that rival Remembrance of Things Past for length. And they are dogged! My niece fell in love with the Twilight series when she was 13 but went off it in the 3rd book because she preferred the werewolf. When the 4th came out she bought it first thing and mercilessly mocked it -- but added, Of course I'm going to finish it. No wonder booksellers market to them. I give up easier than they do.

Michael