[lbo-talk] Felix the Fixer returns?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Jan 26 13:39:39 PST 2011

http://wp.me/pqagG-ey

or http://lbo-news.com/2011/01/26/felix-the-fixer-returns/

Felix the Fixer returns?

So it looks like the Irish opposition parties are looking to bring in Felix Rohatyn, the investment banker who took over New York City in 1975 and conducted what was essentially a dress rehearsal for neoliberalism, to restructure Irish debt. See here.

Back when he was riding high—he was the New York Review of Books’ favorite Wall Street correspondent in the 1980s, a role now played by George Soros—I wrote an attack profile of him for the Village Voice. I can’t find an electronic copy of the piece, but here’s what I distilled from it in a passage in my book Wall Street: