[lbo-talk] How Much Do College Students Learn, and Study?

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Fri Jan 28 11:46:03 PST 2011

Did I say it was. No, obviously it's a series of impressions that attempt to illustrate the change from the 60's & 70's to the eighties.

Also, this is a chat list. Sometimes it's chatter; sometimes it's lengthier, denser posts that take days to write.

It's pretty obvious which flavor this was.

Joanna

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dennis Claxton" <ddclaxton at earthlink.net> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org, lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Friday, January 28, 2011 11:29:04 AM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] How Much Do College Students Learn, and Study?

At 10:56 AM 1/28/2011, 123hop at comcast.net wrote:

>It was the zeitgeist Carrol.
>
>Cocaine (the power drug) replaced marijuana.
>
>Talk of leveling the playing field was replaced by talk of "getting yours."
>
>And the po-mos replaced talk of history and revolution with
>a-historical anthropological talk of how everything was relative.
>
>And the unions were crushed.

This is critical thinking?