[lbo-talk] How bad the recession?

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 2 11:34:50 PDT 2011

At 11:21 AM 7/2/2011, brad wrote:

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/06/30/the-wageless-profitable-recovery/#h

>The NY times just ran that a few days ago. The little charts on the
>bottom right are quite good too.

That piece was already sent here and was followed up by this post from our host:

Hmm. Does everyone at the NYT crib from me?

<http://www.leftbusinessobserver.com/DamnMess.html>http://www.leftbusinessobserver.com/DamnMess.html

[November 2010]

First up, the taxonomy of the recovery, such as it is, so far. The graph above plots the growth in total wages and salaries against the growth in corporate profits for the first year of the last eleven recoveries. Profits are always more volatile than wages­they fall more sharply in recessions and recover more vigorously. But we've never seen anything like this one before. The average ratio of profit to wage and salary growth

http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Wee k-of-Mon-20110627/007130.html