[lbo-talk] James McMurtry - "We can't make it here"‬‏

lbo83235 lbo83235 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 11:35:44 PDT 2011

I'm painfully aware that this is generally a refined, urbane and frequently combative, sarcastic house - but this has kept me focused and honest the past couple of years:

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbWRfBZY-ng>

I don't know about the rest of you, but these are my people. This is who I grew up with. These are the funerals I went to, humbly and with a deep and abiding rage, which I hold onto like it was the very cross of Jesus itself.

Lest we forget - or lose the precious, seething edge this video defiantly keeps alive.

"Anger at injustice is the political expression of love." - MLK Jr. (R.I.P.)