[lbo-talk] James McMurtry - "We can't make it here"??

wrobert at uci.edu wrobert at uci.edu
Sat Jul 2 16:02:25 PDT 2011

To be honest, I'm surprised that someone hasn't jumped in with a critique of the broader populist approach that this is drawing on. I tend to agree with Dennis on this question. After all, the folk and country music of the 2oth century is saturated with the sound of the locomotive. As to the song, I wasn't all that fond of it, but I probably listen to a lot of music that other folks find boring, so I don't think my aesthetic boredom is all that meaningful. robert wood