[lbo-talk] James McMurtry - "We can't make it here"??

// ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Sat Jul 2 18:03:01 PDT 2011

On Jul 2, 2011, at 6:54 PM, Jordan Hayes wrote:

> The more important question is: why does Dennis' criticism of McMurtry's lyrics as being 'heavy handed' (concur, FWIW) lead to lbo90210's derogatory accusation that Dennis is a city boy?

Why is it derogatory to be a city boy? I was one all my life.

A cow once gave birth at 11pm in our apartment building yard. We got to watch it. Big yucky mess of a job. But the baby was super cute. Then the guy came and took the mother and baby away. When at times the babies die, then the fellow makes a straw calf on sticks that one of the kids carries around and places strategically near the mother. To fool her into continuing to produce milk. Silly people never heard of hormones and CAFOs.

—ravi (now worried about Jordan’s irrefutable power of argumentation)