[lbo-talk] New York Start-Ups

Bhaskar Sunkara bhaskar.sunkara at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 13:15:41 PDT 2011

That's the problem with these young companies that get big injections of venture capital. Their first priority is how to spend, not make, money.

I see the same thing in the print world with these new NYC lit/art journals (though some of them might fancy their *New Yorker-*style trite avant-garde conformism as political), that start off with around several thousand dollars from donors through Kickstart or whatnot. Begging for money before proving their worth and creating a brand... (and whining when they fail) ... Trust-fund baby capitalism.