[lbo-talk] Hitchens opposes Flotilla

Dennis Redmond metalslorg at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 14:08:25 PDT 2011

On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 3:51 PM, Gar Lipow <gar.lipow at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hitchens opposes Flotilla to Gaza:  http://www.slate.com/id/2298332/ .
>
> When I sent this, I forgot to mention that  it left me wondering if
> this was  a new low for Hitchens, or if he pretty much  hit bottom
> when he supported the Iraq war.

It's just sad, is what it is. Hitchens isn't the worst of the creatures of Empire -- he once had genuine polemic and literary talent. But colonialism and the colonial imaginary devours its apologists, destroys them from within. They have nothing to say to history, and history returns the favor -- by condemning them and their gulags, armies and martial masculinity to nothingness.

-- DRR