[lbo-talk] James McMurtry - "We can't make it here"??

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Mon Jul 4 21:49:21 PDT 2011

----- Original Message ----- From: "// ravi" <ravi at platosbeard.org>

My suspicion is that the answer to this question (not from Miles, but from the textbook) will reduce the source or appeal (of revolt, etc) to some form of self-interest (enlightened, rational, … pick your qualifier). However, such explanation would, it seems to me, be nothing more than another form of a ‘nature’ argument (and invite references to the so-called naturalistic fallacy).