[lbo-talk] James McMurtry - "We can't make it here"??

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 4 23:28:47 PDT 2011

At 09:47 PM 7/4/2011, wrobert at uci.edu wrote:

>More significantly, I'm not sure why you need reference to some sort
>of 'nature' in order to
>challenge structures of exploitation and domination.

For some, (not including Joanna) it's a shortcut around the dirty work of analysis. Just the other day someone here disparagingly characterized Marx as "sitting on his ass in a library for 30 years" instead of out there getting "lived experience" (whatever in the world that is.)

That's so wrong it's pathetic.