[lbo-talk] Corrections & Response to DW

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Jul 6 08:47:02 PDT 2011

Obviously I have to do some reading; I didn't know there had been a

private post sent to the list. But I repeat, what I'm primarily interested in is the subject matter: current practice of leftists and the context in which that practice is unfolding. And perhaps I can make a preliminary clarification here. As I've said a number of times going back a decade or more, I do not regard my remarks on organizing as a theory of how it _should_ be done but an empirical summary of how it always _has been_ carried out. That's why I spoke of truisms: There was nothing whatever original in what followed.

Carrol