[lbo-talk] Nature, Alienation, Mediation, Values... oh, and "Natives, " just for fun

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Wed Jul 6 17:40:46 PDT 2011

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Pollak" <mpollak at panix.com>

Do you seriously not realize that you are coming across as a complete clown or worse with this obsolete blood and soil nonsense?

------------ I don't understand why everyone is piling on.

The blood and soil email was in reaction to discussions that can get a little arid/abstract. And why is this stuff obsolete? You think the industrialization of farming and animal husbandry is a good thing?

And the quote from Fanon was wonderful. It has been many years since I've read "Wretched of the Earth," but I remember how moved I was by it and by the author's obvious intelligence, insight, and sensitivity. It remains a classic of 20th century colonial writing.

Can we stop now?

Joanna