[lbo-talk] Response to MG -- Was Poll....

SA s11131978 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 01:41:17 PDT 2011

On 7/7/2011 4:29 AM, James Heartfield wrote:

> I suppose you might point to the outbreak of rhetoric about reining in spending,

"Outbreak of rhetoric?" Here in the States, Obama is actually trying to cut spending by $4 trillion over the next decade. I also hear David Cameron has instituted some policies to rein in spending.

> but that has always run alongside massive subsidies to industry.

In that case it seems the policy regime you're referring to can only be called "Keynesian" in the loosest and laxest sense.

SA