[lbo-talk] James McMurtry - "We can't make it here"??

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jul 7 18:55:48 PDT 2011

Music to my ears, Miles. Music to my ears. Say it loudly! Workers will *never* hear this 'basic stuff' from mere liberals and leftists obsessed with moralising every political issue and boiling them down to a radical reform. Even McMurtry could make it here, if we changed social relations this radically. We can't do that without first knowing this 'basic stuff', 'stuff' which the left has either forgotten or never knew in the long sleep of reason.

For the works! Mike B)

On 07/05/2011 09:56 AM, 123hop at comcast.net wrote:
> So then, what makes a good society good?
>
> Joanna

No commodities, abolition of the wage system, workers' control of the means of production, universal access to health care and education. All the basic stuff.

Miles