[lbo-talk] Adorno and Horkheimer

Dennis Redmond metalslorg at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 19:52:58 PDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 7:51 PM, James Heartfield

<Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> Douglas Kellner also makes the point that Adorno also backed America's
> war in Vietnam.

I've seen no evidence Adorno supported the US invasion of Vietnam. It's possible he was critical of North Vietnam for being a one-party state, but that's not the same as applauding B-52 strikes on villagers.

As for the Frankfurters being well-off -- I don't hold it against them, because they at least used their privilege to produce some of the greatest theoretical works ever composed. Money well spent, I say.

-- DRR