[lbo-talk] Krugman: "The question then is why."

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Fri Jul 8 14:32:20 PDT 2011

----- Original Message ----- From: "c b" <cb31450 at gmail.com>

CB; The American voters made a major conservative move in the 2010 election. Both under the principles of democracy/representative government and pragmatism, Obama is supposed to pay attention to that.

Not to mention the tea-Republicans have the majority in the House of Representatives. Hello ! Why do you think that's just a big nothing ? Pretending like the 2010, right wing election victory didn't happen allows you to speculate about Obama's current actions in line with your original prejudices against Obama ( I watched the whole thing right here on LBO-talk, when suddenly you didn't have anything bad to say about H. Clinton after years of criticizing her) He's not "fundamentally conservative". He's yielding to the voice of the American people as it was expressed in the election as insane and stupid as that voice was. Liberals begot this by not getting out the vote in 2010. ___________________________________

Yeah, Obama: voice of the people. I don't think so.

As an election strategy it will probably work. He's moving so far to the right, the republicans have only the lunatic fringe to work with, and I doubt they can beat him with that.

As an economic strategy, it will plunge us into a deflationary spiral. A tragedy.

Joanna