[lbo-talk] Krugman: "The question then is why."

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Sun Jul 10 13:01:15 PDT 2011

----- Original Message ----- From: "brad" <babscritique at gmail.com>

It isn't Obama or the bankers that are criminals or conservatives. It is the structural location of those positions in the current political and economic reality. [this shouldn't be confused with me saying that the DP could not due anything different today. Given Senate and House dems and activists committed to something to the left, we would have different structural constraints on the parameter of options on Obama's horizon.]

But the problem is that in the long run, this is a suicidal strategy. Deflationary spiral here we come.

Is the ideology so pervasive that they can't even recognize their long term interests? Gated communities are not proof against tornadoes.

Joanna