[lbo-talk] Tea Party

brad babscritique at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 08:19:00 PDT 2011

I continue to believe, as I have since about 1967, that radicals should stop paying so much attention to the far right. It wasn't the far right that gave us the Wr on Drugs, the War on Crime, and the Effective Death Penalty and Anti-Terrorism Act.

Carrol

But doesn't the far right pull, or more cynically give cover for, the liberals to do the nasty stuff? Wouldn't a strong left movement pull, or give cover, for the DP to move the other way?

I am still having a hard time understanding how you think social change occurs. Does the state not play a role at all? Or is its only role a negative one?

Brad