[lbo-talk] lbo-talk Digest, Vol 1626, Issue 2

Nicholas Roberts nicholas at themediasociety.org
Thu Jul 14 22:51:47 PDT 2011

12. Tabloid Journalism Crime Syndicates in Print and on TV

> (Ferenc Molnar)

hi Ferenc

I disagree that its unlikely to come to the US. Its already here.

At the very least it will be used by the Obama loving Dems to beat back the Fox News onslaught, guilt by association etc, it will allow Obama to take the high-road, the bully pulpit, the above and between position, Our Obama is a real champion at.

Murdoch has overplayed his hand, by making Fox News so very anti-Democrat, anti-Obama, he is basically forcing the Obama people to react as if its a fight for their political lives

Murdoch has generated a lot of blow back, just looking for vents

outside of the media, in reality based thinking, I think its really a matter of survival, FoxNews, the War on Terror, the anti-climate change insanity is taking us as close to the Apocalypse I care to go

at best we can steer the future of Earth so we go skirt around the edges of the worst of it and only lose a few billion people in some kind of catastrophic climate change/war, at worst, its the end for nearly everyone, except maybe cockroaches like those in the upper echelons of News Corp for instance