[lbo-talk] Note on Low vision and web sites

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Sat Jul 23 17:35:35 PDT 2011

At 07:34 PM 7/23/2011, Carrol Cox wrote:
>Incidentally, with macular degeneration, as with other non-treatable
>ailments, whole industries grow up to prey on those who have it.
>
>Carrol

I had reason to view this woman's work recently. She has had myopic macular degeneration since 1993, first in one eye, then the other in 2006. She has an interesting childhood, the daughter of a 1970s feminist mom who split the housewife life and ended up in NYC, leaving family behind. Kridler became a graphic designer, though she had a stint as a babysitter for the stars while working at the Lone Star Cafe in NYC during the 70s and 80s. It's amazing that she's become such a talented artist, in spite of the disease - in fact, probably because of the disease:

<http://hamptonroads.com/2009/12/loss-sight-gives-artist-more-focused-vision>http://hamptonroads.com/2009/12/loss-sight-gives-artist-more-focused-vision