[lbo-talk] Note on Low vision and web sites

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Sun Jul 24 03:57:18 PDT 2011

At 10:44 PM 7/23/2011, Carrol Cox wrote:
>On 7/23/2011 7:35 PM, shag carpet bomb wrote:
>
>...It's amazing that she's become such a talented
>>artist, in spite of the disease - in fact, probably because of the disease:
>
>If I had the skill of a street-corner painter, I could get rich providing
>horror masks for Hollywood. Their monsters aren't half as ugly as the
>faces my mad optical cortex sends floating across the ceiling.
>
>Carrol

:)

She actually paints portraits but she said that when MD first came over her in 1993 the blinds started melting as if they were painted by Dali.

I guess she has to either get in really closely with a special lens she uses - about 6 inches as you say. Or, she has to stand back pretty far to view the entire person she's painting, which she mostly sees with peripheral vision.

Amazingly, though, she paints cowboy boots - one pair has every tattoo she ever wanted (she has no body tattoos). She also does artistic craft projects sewing old men's ties together to make rugs and chair coverings and such.

She's also been in recovery since 1990ish so she does some "recovery" motifs, mostly insider jokes about recovery culture in greeting cards.