[lbo-talk] Chip Berlet on Breivik

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Thu Jul 28 10:04:01 PDT 2011

Fascist support for Israel is nothing new.

There was a point in Nazi Germany when the Zionist flag was the only flag you could display, other than the swastika.

Hitler had no problem with all Jews going to Israel. The many alliances between the fascists and the zionists are documented in various historical accounts.

Joanna

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Green" <davegreen84@ yahoo .com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2011 6:24:39 AM Subject: [lbo-talk] Chip Berlet on Breivik

"cb wrote: Here's from veteran list poster Chip Berlet: Updated: Breivik's Core Thesis is White Christian Nationalism v. Multiculturalism http://www.talk2action.org/story/2011/7/25/73510/6015 "

While I'm inclined to stress mental pathology more than is perhaps fashionable, if we're going to do political analysis, let's be honest about it. While I'm not a proponent of the Lobby thesis and dislike a lot of what I read in the Comments section at Mondoweiss, at least they're examining the Zionist connection. This is just as important as William Lind, who seems to be anti-U.S. imperialism. Berlet and the anti-hate biz in general (SPLC) don't mess with the Zionists. Berlet alludes to Spencer and Horowitz, but the point is if you follow the Islamophobia, it goes to the centers of power, explicitly or implicitly. The anti-hate biz can't go there, for whatever reasons. It shouldn't be the least bit surprising that Breivik supports Israel--that's what fascists do these days. The importance of this should not be exaggerated, as the GWOT is what provides the most important context for Breivik's politics. But why ignore Israel? Again, because a proper analysis of U.S.-Israel, of Zionism-neoconservatism-neoliberalism, finds the origins of hate at the centers to be at the centers of power. Even Foxman has felt necessary to do a disclaimer.