[lbo-talk] Obama

// ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Thu Jul 28 20:49:54 PDT 2011

CB and Julio think the rest of us have mental blinders and that Obama mobilised black youth, wayward kangaroos and travelling wilburys, and they remain engaged to date, ergo Obama is not our enemy (assuming here of course that there exists a large intersection among our individual goals, or perhaps a well-defined set of goals as derived from leftist first principles).

Doug thinks that Obama was a wily cad from the get go, a centrist, a DLC sympathiser if not card carrying member, and he finds it puzzling that anyone would have thought anything else of him - Obama, he insists, gave no reason to believe otherwise. Woj agrees, but finds nothing wrong in any of this given the bent of the dolts that pass for citizens these days.

Carrol doesn’t understand what all this moaning is about and finds Obama a transparent and reliable tool of capital as his calling, and therefore among “our” (see definition above) prime enemies.

I think you are all wrong and not in trivial ways.

Cheers :-),

—ravi