[lbo-talk] questions about the working families party

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 14:27:17 PDT 2011

On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 11:58 PM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote
:

> > That said, Leticia James is fabulous. I wish there were more of her.
> You can see her in action in the documentary The Battle of Brooklyn which
> is still playing in Brooklyn this weekend.
>
> She's our City Council member, and she's terrific. And very visible around
> the district. I've had several long conversations with her. She's smart,
> knows what she's talking about, and has very good politics. Like Michael
> says, I wish there were more of her. It would help if there were more
> neighborhoods like ours, too, I guess.

Huh - she's mine as well. Doug, us being such close neighbors and all, we really should do drinks when I get back from Gaza. (God knows I'll be ready for a few by then!)

That said, James is no longer WFP/not D. In fact, she ran in the last election as a D/not WFP candidate, for reasons I won't speculate on here.