[lbo-talk] questions about the working families party

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Jul 30 14:36:45 PDT 2011

On Jul 30, 2011, at 5:27 PM, Joseph Catron wrote:

> Huh - she's mine as well. Doug, us being such close neighbors and all, we
> really should do drinks when I get back from Gaza. (God knows I'll be ready
> for a few by then!)

You bet. When are you back?

> That said, James is no longer WFP/not D. In fact, she ran in the last
> election as a D/not WFP candidate, for reasons I won't speculate on here.

I've wondered about her & ACORN. She was against Atlantic Yards (and is great on the subject of eminent domain, something mainstream Dems won't touch because they want real estate money). ACORN was for it as a job creator - but cynics will point to some timely contributions. Because ACORN was so important to the WFP, the Party was publicly neutral on it, as I recall.

Doug