[lbo-talk] The revolution will not be televised

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 08:36:20 PDT 2011

>Damn. I grew up with his music. 62 is too damn young.

^^^^^^^ CB: Now that I'm 60 , I claim being old. One reason is if I die soon, it won't be dying young. :>) A little antidote to the American youth fetish.

^^^^^

The Iranian Revolution that overthrew the Shah was televised. Why wouldn't others be televised?

Carrol

^^^^^ CB: And more recently , in Tunisia and Egypt on Al Jazeera...

^^^^

The point of the song/rap was that the revolution is not about preserving the status quo & hence would not be televised.

It was not meant to be a factual statement.

Joanna

^^^^^ CB: He was a poet, so it probably is double entendre, to be read on more than one level, literal and figurative.

"We almost lost Detroit this time" in more ways than one. We almost lost Japan, more recently.