[lbo-talk] Liberals

Matt lbo4 at beyondzero.net
Thu Jun 2 09:38:12 PDT 2011

On 6/1/2011 4:04 PM, Doug Henwood wrote:

> Funny. Why get something that looks great and has a masterful UI (our
> 5-year-old figured out how to use his nano all by himself) when you
> can maintain your non-Apple purity instead?

I have an iPad and I wouldn't call the UI "masterful" by a long shot. It isn't consistent (each app has its own approach and style for management of settings), with some apps hooking into the system settings menu and others maintaining settings within the app. Some even do both!

I will say it looks good and for the first 30 minutes I was in awe of how pretty it was. But shortly after I found its limitations frustrating. The tabledance of gadgets.

For my bourgeois NPR fix I add feeds to Google Reader in my browser and then play them using Google Listen on my Android phone.

Matt

-- GnuPG Key ID: 0xC33BD882 aim/google/MSN/yahoo: beyondzero123