[lbo-talk] Liberals

Chris Sturr sturr at dollarsandsense.org
Mon Jun 6 08:03:07 PDT 2011

Wojtek: Did you and your wife see the article about the Montgomery schools in today's New York Times? http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/06/education/06oneducation.html. The gist is that they have a teacher evaluation system that involves peer-review (vs. just looking at test scores) that has supposedly been successful, but will have to be scrapped because of Arnie Duncan and Race to the Top. I couldn't tell from the article, though, whether the peer-review system was actually a good thing, but the article makes it sound as if the union folks are in favor of it.