[lbo-talk] [Pen-l] Todd Gitlin: the most pompous ass ever?

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 14:40:44 PDT 2011

Perhaps I misunderstood the breadth of Robert's claim that "the underlying point is still basically right." I'll respond to the only point on which I see any real disagreement between us:

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 12:32 AM, Robert Naiman < naiman at justforeignpolicy.org> wrote:

Why should I care if they object to "armed struggle under other conditions"?
> Like, if they lived on Alpha Centauri, maybe they would have a different
> opinion, so? The question is what they do in Palestine, under actually
> existing conditions.

Right, that's what I'm talking about. It would be a grave error in logic, as well as a falsification of another people's struggle, to assume that all or most of the Palestinians who participated in the May 15 border mobilization, for example, necessarily oppose rocket fire into '48. A lot of them don't.