[lbo-talk] In the are you fucking kidding me? department

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Fri Jun 10 20:20:22 PDT 2011

On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 22:57:32 -0400 shag carpet bomb <shag at cleandraws.com> wrote:

> gee. i thought you'd like the imagery of her swallowing chunks of dog shit.

Naah. A little strong for my blood. But I admire the vigor of the image.

> "Harris-Perry said she was motivated to leave when the Center for African
> American Studies denied her a promotion to a full professorship earlier
> this year. She held the post of tenured associate professor since arriving
> at Princeton from the University of Chicago in 2006."
>
> wasn't she a little young and underpublished for full professorship anyway?

By ordinary standards, one would think so. Of course the media connection might alter the calculus a bit. Still. Sounds like she was squeezed out somehow. Maybe the recent contretemps with Cornel West -- another hilarious fraud, occupying a nearby "studies" niche in the academic ecosystem -- has an Old Nassau common-room backstory. They give you a bad office, and bad class times, and you know you're doomed.

I wasn't aware of the U of C prehistory. That's really gratifying.

-- --

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://www.cars-suck.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com