[lbo-talk] But Wikipedia sucks, right?

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 05:21:18 PDT 2011

I'm with Shag, many articles on wikipedia are quite useful, though - like any encyclopedia - they are never a place to stop (perhaps especially for students working on research papers or exams.) The ideology issue there is key since the majority of students I have who cite wikipedia most often are those citing more ideological articles, and nothing else. In all the years I've gotten citations to wikipedia, I have never gotten a citation that was used to intelligently criticize an assigned reading not gotten a citation to wikipedia that was subsequently criticized by appealing to alternative sources.