[lbo-talk] character & judgment

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Jun 13 11:32:04 PDT 2011

[The character & judgment to remain in Congress?!?!!??!!]

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: Garrett Russo

13 June 2011 202.408.5565 grusso at citizensforethics.org

CREW: REP. WEINER MUST RESIGN

Washington, D.C. – In light of the new information revealed over the weekend regarding Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-NY), Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) Executive Director Melanie Sloan released the following statement:

“It is almost inconceivable that we could learn anything worse about Rep. Weiner than we had discovered last week, but now we have. The use of social media to engage in numerous sexual exchanges and lying about it when caught was bad enough. But inappropriate contact with a teenage girl and sexually explicit photographs sent across the Internet are a new low. While Rep. Weiner may not have violated any federal laws or House rules, he clearly lacks the requisite character and judgment to remain in Congress.