[lbo-talk] Weiner unhid!

martin schiller mschiller at pobox.com
Mon Jun 13 14:51:29 PDT 2011

On Jun 13, 2011, at 12:50 PM, Michael Smith wrote:

> I really do think that any attachment to the Democratic
> Party on the part of Lefties is quite damaging and destructive.

Thom Hartmann has been encouraging lefties to join, and take over, their local Democratic Party committees. With little else on my plate at the time, I pursued this path, and am finding that there are quite a few others there, waiting for the leadership that Thom failed to propagate. It's anecdotal, and perhaps my situation here in NW Oregon is unique, but this local chapter seems hungry for some direction other than from 'above'. I would say it's fertile ground for lefties.